Sunday, May 10, 2009

Catching up...

Okay So I am not totally crazy just yet...I have no idea why I clicked publish post yesterday morning?? So for any of you who read this yesterday and it didn't make much sense without pictures...sorry.
I thought I'd better get one more post in before the big event! 8 days and counting...I have been looking forward to telling 46% of you that you were wrong :) As far as the baby goes-- last Wednesday I was dilated to a 2 and 25% effaced. My doctor said he would start me on Monday the 11th if I wanted, but I told him I'd wait until my appointment on the 13th to see how things are going first. If things are still slow he's going to "start" me on the 19th, my actual due date, because he is leaving town on the 21st for 6 days and I REFUSE to let anyone else deliver this baby. Hopefully I'll have it by then, but I know this stubborn body well enough to know better. These babies like to be overdone before they come out for some reason. The boys are to the point where they are REALLY excited...which makes me so much more excited. Kesler said the other day, "When you pop that baby out I'm going to hold him every day!" If only it were that easy :) I am dreading all of the questions my curious Brevin is going to have about how exactly that baby is going to get here. So far so good, but the after effects I'm afraid might lead to a whole lot of questions.


I know I have been kind of off the grid lately. It has been beyond crazy around here since I put the little note on my photo blog that I would be taking some time off...pictures galore!! It's been fun, but I'm definitely ready for a break. This humongous body has been having a little trouble climbing fences, rolling around on the floor, and just plain old up and downs for the last little while. So getting great pictures has been a little difficult. I'll be excited the next time I take pictures when I don't have to move my belly to the location separately from the rest of myself.

So here's some catching up...

Well, Brevin has had a little loose tooth for the past little while. I kept telling him to leave it alone until I could get their spring pictures done, and then he could pull it out. Unlucky for me, spring has had a difficult time coming and staying, and the boys were playing basketball about a week ago when Kesler whacked Brevin in the mouth. BOTH front teeth at that point were hanging by a thread. He went upstairs and got rid of one, but refused to pull the other. That one hillbilly tooth hung there for about three days, and it looked absolutely ridiculous. Not only was it just one tooth, though, it hung right in the center of his mouth. I kept telling him I couldn't look at him because he looked so stinking crazy!! But again Kesler came to the rescue by tackling him outside during a game of football and got rid of it. Now I have a toothless wonder. It has taken some getting used to, he just doesn't even look like the same kid!!
Kittens for Free!! Well, the kittens are finally to the age where it's time for them to go!! My boys are going to be heartbroken; they look forward to playing with them every day. They are pretty stinking cute, I must admit. Two of them have been spoken for, so that leaves 3 more if anyone wants them let me know :)
In primary a couple of weeks ago the they were talking about family and got to make a puppet of someone in their family. Kesler made Brevin, which was totally predictable, but I thought it was pretty dang funny when Brevin brought this home. Anyone who knows my family well would find it easy to figure out that it's Grandpa Thayne. (The beard was a dead giveaway) My kids love their Grandpa Thayne for sure. This time of year our trips to Malad are pretty darn sparse, but Grandpa Thayne doesn't let that get in the way of seeing his boys. He comes at least once a week to take the boys to McDonald's, play checkers or chess, or play the Wii. It's funny because as soon as I get the phone call that he's on his way the boys run downstairs as fast as they can and get the checkerboard set up. It's no secret that my dad and I have had our differences along the way, but I am so grateful that he has never let that get in the way of loving my kids. He has made a constant effort to be part of their lives, and it's incredible how much they recognize that. I realized and have said many times since Brevin was born that there is nothing better than knowing someone loves your kids, and nothing worse when those who are supposed to don't.
I had a really great Mother's Day. We went to church, went to the park to hit some balls, and attempted our first family fire experience. My boys (Bryson included) did a great job showering me with Mother's Day artwork, a list of all the reasons they love me, and a fire pit that I've been wanting for a long time! We learned that as much Survivor as we have taken in in the past nine years, our fire making skills are very lacking. We did, however, manage to make a few s'mores and marshmallows. The boys loved it, but constantly asked if our house was going to burn down. At the end of the day Brevin said, "Mom, this sure was a fun day." I love my husband and kids so much. I am so lucky.


5 comments:

Alli E. said...

One good thing about having all my kids by C-Section... I just tell them the Doctor cuts my tummy open and brings the baby out. So simple!!

Soccer Mom said...

Can't wait to hear what that baby is! I almost sent you a text the other day and asked if that "baby girl" had arrived yet! Let us know so we can shower you with pink everything!!!! Good Luck!

kristib said...

We must be related or something. My boys have been 12, 12 and 8 days overdue. Stubborn bodies, indeed!

Your kittens are so cute. Tyler keeps telling me he's on the lookout for a cute tabby kitten- thank goodness for me they're in Idaho. I like to admire animals from afar.

Good luck with number 3- I can't wait to hear all about it.

Googs said...

I'll let you know when one of my kids looses a tooth and you can have your toothfairy deliver the goods! Such a good time!

Monica Lifferth said...

I want a kitty! Too bad we rent and can't have pets. Bummer. It looks like things are going well and I am so excited that the boys are finally really excited about the B. I seriously can't wait. I'll be expecting a text in the next week. I'm thinking girl thoughts. Love you!