Saturday, October 17, 2009

Little Buckaroos

I have been wanting to post this forever, but I wanted to post some video files with the photos because the pictures just don't do the scenario justice. I borrowed a video camera that night, though, and don't have the video files yet, so I guess the pics will have to do...

Okay so we all know how much my kids love the farm, rodeo, animals etc. So last year at the Malad Rodeo we teased that Kesler should ride a sheep. He thought this was the best idea ever, and prayed, literally, every single prayer for an entire year "Please bless that Sissy and Nate can watch me ride a sheep." So the Malad Rodeo rolled around again. We talked it over and Kesler was bound and determined to ride one. Brevin was bound and determined not to. So I called my sis-in-law and got it all figured out. Well, the morning of the rodeo Brevin decided that he too wanted to ride. I didn't believe him for a second, but after some persistence I made another phone call and got them both signed up. I laughed so hard when we got the program and saw my two little Buckaroos names on the program...oh so funny. On the way there Kesler told me, "Mom, I'm going to open a can of Whoop-Tail on that sheep tonight!"

So how did it go? Well Grandpa Thayne took Kelser and Bryson said there was no hesitation at all. He got on and rode really well. Made it quite a ways, and did his best to fight back the tears when he fell off. Brevin, on the other hand, fell off instantly after he came out of the shoot. I got one quick picture of him. I asked Bryson what happened and he told me that it was absolute madness. A man just told Bryson to jump down with Brevin and tie the rope on the sheep. Well Bryson's disinterest in scouts was evident, he had no idea how to tie the rope on. So he did his best, but it didn't hold at all and Brevin fell almost before he was out of the shoot. It was so fun. I loved every second of it. The only part of the prayer that wasn't answered was Sissy and Nate weren't able to be there :( I asked them both if they would want to do it again...Kesler was and absolute yes, and Brevin a definite no.






5 comments:

Soccer Mom said...

All they need to complete the ride are some brand new cowboy boots!!!! How fun!!!

Googs said...

I'ld say those are two of the best looking cow - I mean - sheepboys I've ever seen. :) Great job!

M-n-M said...

I am so sad we missed it. When Kesler gets a little bigger he can come practice on our "steers" for the junior steer riding event and um you can come ride a few of our horses too - right??

Holli Williams said...

Your boys are too cute. I remember them riding and they did great! That was the best part of the whole rodeo.

Johanna Otero said...

beautiful family :)