Thursday, March 5, 2009

A Couple More Crumbs...

I've started this post about 4 different times and never finished it. The label says March 5th, but it's March 10th now...let's hope I can sit in this chair long enough to get it done!! It just keeps getting longer and longer. Remember...I do this for journaling for my kids, so if you are bored that's totally okay!


I took the boys with me to the fabric store last week for find some fabric to make a baby quilt. We weren't having much luck when the boys decided that they wanted blankets. I humored them and we looked at some of the fleece. Kesler wanted the nastiest horse head fleece I have ever seen, and I told him that as much as I loved him. That wasn't happening. They found some REALLY soft fabric that was on sale so when we got home I ended up making these...



Not this...

These...
Kesler's latest word of choice--spylish, yep with a "p". He is constantly asking if things are spylish, and I can't help but crack up every single time he says it.

Speaking of stylish...on the way to school this week Brevin said, "Mom, I thought you were helping in my class today." I told him that I was. He got this really funny look on his face, and I asked him what that was supposed to mean. His response--"Well, you...ummm...just don't look that stylish today." What?!? My 6-year-old Kindergartner is paying attention to my fashion? I said my hair is done, my make-up is done, I have on pants, a shirt, and shoes...I'll admit it wasn't my finest day, but sheesh!

Speaking of "speaking of", I must say that A LOT. I have never noticed, but now that both of my children preface each sentence with it, I am noticing it more and more. During church today someone mentioned Stake Conference...Brevin actually said, "Speaking of stake, I can't wait to have some steak on the grill when we get home today."

I got home from Bunko on Wednesday night and Brevin had his "up to something" smirk on his face. This is what he had made while I was gone...his own version of memory. I thought it was so stinking funny. It was equipped with pairs of bulls, dogs, cats, hay bales, K-Dog (Kesler), and himself all drawn on 1inch by 1inch papers. He was so proud.
I went to the doctor this past week and am embarrassed to say that I have gained a whopping 41 lbs so far! Awesome. I keep getting those...so you're due any day looks and boy, is that fun. The good news is that I am starting my every two week appointments now. So I guess that marks the end. Some friends keep saying that they're going to throw me a party when I get to 50 lbs, and celebrate with pound cake...hilarious, Josh!

My niece Breelle was baptized last Saturday, and I stopped at my Grandma's to take her with me. It was so nice to be sitting in the chapel with her again. It made me a little teary. We all sang I am a Child of God and it was so nostalgic. Her perfect alto while I sang soprano took me back to being a little girl sitting with her in church. She is the most amazing Grandma. She always put her family first and never missed one single thing we invited her to. I felt like I should get a picture with her after regardless of what I look like these days :(

So Brevin comes home from school and empties his bag...the usual routine. He gets this funny look on his face and hands me a picture that says -------+Brevin. Completely decorated with hearts and the word "love," you know something I would have made for Bryson in, I don't know, the 7th grade!! Not Kindergarten!! Oh, I was so bugged. So after a minute I said "Brevin, do you know what a girlfriend is?" He looked at me like, duh, mom. So I asked him what he thought it meant. His response..."Someone you graduate with!" Oh, well, if that's how he feels, he is welcome to have as many girlfriends as he wants! I mentioned it to his teachers and they said how there's been a competition started by some of the girls in his class to fight for his attention. So it's official...home school!!! I can't handle this!



Brevin had his last basketball game on Saturday. I was so glad Grandpa Thayne had come to watch him, because he had his best game by far. I can't believe how much he has improved in 6 weeks. He scored 10 points, and the little old man sitting next to me would chuckle every time he made a shot. Someone nudged him and told him he was sitting by the "little one's" mom. So he turned to me and asked, "Are you number 5's mom." I smiled proudly and said told him that I was. He said, "He's the littlest one out there and is our high scorer! What a shot!" It was so fun.

It was so nice to have Brevin home from school wednesday through friday of this week. Made me remember how nice my life was before he left :( I starting these blocks conference weekend...yep in October, but now that my toy room is almost finished...HOORAY!! I thought I'd better get them done. Saw them on Martha Stewart and fell in love. So I put my boys to work painting...not that they'd call it work. They loved every minute of it, and we finished them up this weekend. They have been playing with them like crazy.




The finished product...




The boys have been on a big game playing kick. We have been trying to leave the TV off more. This time of year it is so tempting to turn it on! So we've gone to game playing. Brevin loves to play Chess, Checkers, and Stratego. Kesler loves them too, but has his own versions of playing :) The nice thing about having Kelser on my team, though, is that I always have my own personal spy :)

7 comments:

Googs said...

Ok, I LOVE those blocks, so I need to come scope them out! Great job on the blankets too, your so creative and "spylish". :)

Monica Lifferth said...

Oh, I love your blog. You always crack me up. I also love the blocks and I can't wait to see the toy room.

P.S. I thought the horse heads were pretty darn cool. :)

Googs said...

COME ON WITH THE BIG 50! I am itching for some pound cake and strawberries.... or maybe just some fig newtons will do. -Josh-

Soccer Mom said...

The blocks are AWESOME!!! And, you look MARVELOUS!!! So, does Grandma!!! Your kids are adorable!!!!

CorLesMarBoPiKo said...

I want to go to the 50 lb. party. You wont get there though.

Bunderson Family said...

Hey. I found the blog! I got a kick out of reading your last few posts! And, I guess I am really confused as to why you wouldn't let the boys get the horse head material--very cute!! :) The blankets look nice...and I really cannot believe the weight story...I think you look good...
Jen

Alli E. said...

You look great!! Cute Grandma, too!!