Kesler turned 4 on September 21st. He requested a shark party so we sent out shark invitations and made shark shirts for all three of my fellas. I usually go all out on their cakes, but this one was a little weak. I had all sorts of ambitious ideas, but on a trip to the store the day before the party I ran across a little box set of sea animals that just screamed "This would be so easy!"...it was easy, but certainly not my finest work.
We have a tradition where the boys get to choose wherever they want to eat for dinner, and then cake, ice cream, and presents back at the house. Kesler chose Sizzler and everyone joined us for dinner. He was most excited to get another farm set courtesy of his Aunt Ro...shocking.
So...some things about Kesler...Kesler is a major mama's boy. He is always telling me that he loves me. Bryson giggles every time he does because it's so often. He wants nothing more than to be just like his big brother, and to be the best big brother to his little one. He has always been so full of life and still is. Kesler's little voice can be heard around the world at ALL times. It never stops. Aunt Sissy always makes comments that she can hear his voice non-stop when she and I are talking on the phone.
Some of Kesler's favorite things...
- Playing sports with his dad! He got his dad's quickness and can juke all of us. One football incident and one basketball were the culprits of both of Brevin's missing front teeth!
- Talking to Beck in the most high-pitched voice you've ever heard. I often wonder if the windows might shatter
- Snuggling with his mom. He is always begging me to wrap up around him and read, do puzzles, or play games.
- Playing farm, of course. He has more animals than I care to admit. My kitchen table is usually plastered with all sorts of farm and rodeo paraphernalia.
- Drawing pictures...holy cow. His "art set" is well used. I can't even tell you how many pieces of white paper this household goes through every day!
- His gray tooth. Yep, you heard right. He whacked his tooth on the trampoline bars last year and it turned his tooth gray. Recently it started turning back to white. He was so disappointed and said, "I like having a gray tooth...it makes the others look so white!"
- Kesler loves to go to Malad to spend time with my family. He loves being around the animals and playing with his cousins. He has a special spot in his heart for his Aunt Sissy!I sure do love this little guy! He just makes me smile. He is such a good boy! I have probably overcompensated making sure this boy doesn't get the shaft as some second children do. It's not easy being middle child, so I do my best to make sure he is treated just as well as the other two. Both of the others require a lot of attention and he is so good to just do his own thing, but i try my best to be aware of that and spend as much time with him as possible. I love him to death!!