Monday, May 19, 2008

We has such a fun weekend in Malad. It was Lindsey's Malad reception so we went down on Friday to help decorate and spend some time with our decorators, our good friends Jackson, Rachelle, and Berkley (she got pictures and I didn't...what was I thinking?), Saturday was the reception, and Sunday was the most fun, relaxing day we've had in a long time!


Last summer my boys really wanted a cat, so when our friends, the Briscoes, had a litter of kittens we took two....to Malad. Anyway, Tiger and Stash happened to both be girls and when we got home from church on Sunday there was the cutest little kitten I have ever seen in the backyard. By boys were so excited they couldn't see straight. After a few minutes I told Brevin that he could name her. So he sat there pondering for a few minutes and then came over to talk it over. He said, "Mom, I don't know if it's a good enough name, but I am thinking that maybe I will call her Happy Meal." Well, I was able to hold it together, Bryson on the other hand burst out laughing. So Brevin immediately said, "Or I could name her Dingle." I assured him that either would be fine so he settled on Dingle. So then we went in to eat and then we went back outside and saw Stash carrying a kitten across the lawn. We followed her and found four more little furballs in my parent's garage. Kesler named two: Muskars and Dango, Brevin named the rest: Happy Meal, Dingle, and Olive. Honestly, could they be any cuter? So when the cousins came down to join in on the fun we put the sprinkler under the trampoline and ended up entertaining the adults just as much as the kids. They took a quick minute to soak Grandma and Grandpa. We also squeezed in a few haircuts while we took turns jumping. I didn't bring swim suits so my boys just wore their unders.
The final venture of the day came when I told Brevin and Bree (who were getting bored) to sell water. They had cups and a pitcher of water out. Well, I meant sell to us, their family, but they had other ideas. They really made signs and stood in the front yard selling cups of water. And yes, just in case you are wondering, they did sell some. Good old Malad. Lindsey took some brownies out from the reception and they sold those too. You can imagine our surprise when Brevin came running in saying, "We are out; we need more brownies out here!" The ended up making $5.50. Not bad for an hour and a half...it's about minimum wage isn't it?





8 comments:

Nate & Lindsey said...

I agree, I had so much fun sunday! I loved getting dressed up again but selling water was the highlight of my weekend! Thank you for all your help! I love you guys. Cutest 2, and 5 year old EVER

Stacy said...

Your boys are so cute! I know I always say that, but they really really are.

Burrups said...

Priceless! I am so glad you got a chance to relax and have fun.

CorLesMarBoPiKo said...

I love the baby kitties. I bet your boys were loving them. Are you going to take one to your house this time? Skittles has been gone for a month. So we don't have a cat anymore.

Jaime And Tyrell said...

Your kids are so cute, I especially liek the picture of Kesler getting his hair cut and Brevin holding up the Brownie sign so cute.

Anonymous said...

I think "Happy Meal" is a perfect name for a little boy's kitten. He sounds like such a thoughtful little man...the kitten name and your Mother's day list! What little sweethearts that you have!
Your sisters bridal pictures were beautiful! And, I loved her dress!!

Erica said...

Dang! I missed out on the brownies. You got a couple of cute lil' boys!

Erica said...

Dang! I missed out on the brownies. You got a couple of cute lil' boys!